Frequently Asked Questions - Academic
Under Graduate courses online admissions 2017-18
Telangana State Council of Higher Education
- Where do I find the online application?
(we have to give site address url)
- Is there any registration fee?
Yes, you have to pay registration fee.
- How much does it cost to apply?
It costs you Rs 100/-
- Can I apply for all State Universities through online UG Admission form?
Yes, you can apply to all six Universities of Telangana (OU, KU, PU, MGU, TU, SU)
and You have to pay Rs.100 only once for all universities.
- Can I apply for University Constituent Colleges for UG Courses through online?
Yes, you can apply to University Constituent Colleges too.
- Is there any limit with respect to selection of Courses and Colleges?
No, you may choose any number of Colleges and any number of Courses as per your eligibility.
- I have registered online for UG admission do I still need to fill up the offline form?
No, you need not fill up the offline form.
- Will there be any disadvantage for gap year students?
No, there will not be any disadvantage to the gap students. However, you have to submit gap certificate.
- How does one apply for special category seats such as NCC, NSS, Physically challenged, Ex-servicemen etc.?
There is a special drop box in online application form. Register your details there and upload relevant certificates. (Read eligibility criteria.)
- I am a Science student, can I apply for bachelor in Arts and Commerce?
Yes, but you will have only certain quota reserved for Arts and Commerce. You will be given a seat in case you get selected in the quota. (Read eligibility criteria.)
- I studied Intermediate with HEC, can I apply for bachelor in Science?
No, you cannot.
- I studied Intermediate with CEC, can I apply for bachelor in Science?
No, you cannot.
- To get admission in B. Com Course, are there any seats exclusively reserved for students who have passed the qualifying exam with commerce as one of the subject?
Yes, 60% of seats.
- To get admission in BA Course, are there any seats exclusively reserved for students who have passed the qualifying exam with one of the social sciences subject at Intermediate level?
Yes, 50% of seats.
- I studied Intermediate with MEC, for which graduation course I am eligible?
- Is there any minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying exam to get admission in Science /Arts /Commerce courses?
For Science Courses the candidate should have passed and secured an aggregate of 40% marks ( A pass percentage in case of SC/STs)
- I passed Intermediate Vocational Medical Lab Technology course from BIE, for which UG Course I can apply?
The Candidates who have passed Intermediate (Vocational) Medical Lab Technology Course from Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana State are eligible for admission into B.A. /B.Com courses only. However, those who are holding ‘Bridge course’ along with Intermediate (Vocational) Medical Lab Technology are eligible for B.Sc. courses.
- I appeared Intermediate examination but failed. Now I appeared for advanced supplementary and waiting for results, can I upload admission form for UG course?
Yes, you can upload your application form.
- Can I get fee reimbursement? What is the procedure to get fee reimbursement?
Yes, you can get fee reimbursement. But, you have to upload the latest Income Certificate.
- I have completed my class XII exam from CBSE /ICSE Am I eligible to apply for UG online admissions?
Yes, but you have to upload all your personal details, educational qualifications and upload all relevant certificates for scrutiny.
- Apart from CBSE certificates do I have to obtain any certificate from Board of Intermediate Education?
Eligibility Certificate from BIE
- How to calculate percentage in 12th standard?
While calculating the percentage of marks for admission, 0.5 and above be treated as 1 (i.e.39.5% and above shall be treated as 40%).
- I have completed Intermediate / equivalent exam from other than Telangana State, Am I eligible to apply for UG online admissions?
Yes, you can apply, but upload all relevant certificates. Read eligibility rules for your information.
- What is minimum qualification to get admission into BSW/BBA? (refer OU reg 3(c)?
Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Science /Arts / Commerce subjects are eligible for admission to B.A./B.Com.(Gen / Computers/ Comp. Appln.) / B.Com.(Hons.) / BSW / BBA / BBM/BCA courses.
- I am currently enrolled in the last year of my undergraduate programme. Can I still apply for graduate admission even though I have not yet earned a bachelor’s degree?